Most dog owners, especially those who live in homes, are interested in having their canines bark at the presence of a stranger. However, if a dog’s barking is constant, it stops being positive and becomes an undesirable behavior for people living in the vicinity of the home.
While barking is a normal behavior that fulfills both the functions of warning or alarm for members of a family, it can also be issued for other reasons.
The coaches offered the following tips to correct the canine
– Ignore the dog, because if we pay much attention he will continue to bark insistently.
– Do not caress the canine when it is in a barking attitude, because that behavior is reinforced.
– Do not tie the pet because it barks more.
– Hierarchy of the owners with the dog, to show that the owner is in charge.
– The canine should not realize the power of his bark.
On the other hand, coaches said that dogs should be socialized as they are exposed to people, other animals, noise and vehicles.